Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Crit-a-Crit

Rebecca
Mid-term Project

This project was a challenge, especially in editing. Some of the footage taken had too much background noise or too much movement in the background. Both couldn't be helped since they couldn't be caught until after filming, but most of my footage was fine. I tried cutting some of the "uhms" and "I remember" out, but then my footage became too cutty. So, I decided to keep some of them in and cut others. I didn't account for the wind to move my equipment! And that was when the wind wasn't strong. So, there was no editing around that. Next time I'll need a second pair of eyes. I had to use a title card before one segment since I couldn't edit it in a way that the audience knew what was being  talked about. I tried to put other title parts up, so that it didn't seem random. I still have mixed feelings on using them.
Next time I would like to do some of the interview at the sites, but I would have to have a second person with me since they tend to be high traffic and noisey areas.

I had a hard time finding archival footage, which didn't surprise me. But, I was surprised how few pictures and information was online, and most came from a newspaper. I tried filming some of the sites, but they just didn't fit, so I stuck with the photos. The hard parts of that was going through dusty books to find them, deciding what captions to put, how long to have them on screen, which ones should she talk through and which ones not to. I still need to tweek that more.

No comments:

Post a Comment